Monday, January 10, 2011

Rethinking things

I've been thinking about my 2011 post. I said that 2010 was the worst year of my life... sounds devastating, doesn't it? Upon further reflection, I need to add (about 2010):

1. 2010 was filled with more love than I can remember. I was fortunate to have attended FIVE weddings - one being my baby brother. Each wedding unique, every wedding incredibly fun.
2. Had it not been for cancer treatments, I wouldn't have been able to spend such quality time with my bff (who flew in from Alabama for five days!), my sisters-in-law, my mama, my godparents and many other people.
3. I was able to see an outpouring of love and support that astounded me. I'm reminded of what an amazing community I am a part of.
4. Adversity rearranges your world. I'm thankful for my new perspective.
5. The bond with my husband runs deeper. I said in in the first post and I'll say it again - I'm amazed by how much he loves me. He is the most loyal person I know and he's good. I'm thankful for him in my life.

Yes, life *sucked* last year. Physically, it WAS the worst year of my life. On the flip side, the person inside of me shifted and grew and became more mature... so, I suppose everything balanced out.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! I was gonna say that Hyperbole Boy had rubbed off on you...nice job finding the diamonds in the piles of poo.

    ReplyDelete