Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

Happy New Year! It's the year 2011... doesn't that sound so space-agey? I remember being 10 and thinking that the year 2000 - and the age 29 - was soooo far away. And, so old.

I've been thinking about my new year blog post for days - weeks, even. Obviously, I've taken a break from the blogging during the holidays. The kids were both home all day, and we had projects to finish up. Actually, they're still not finished, but headway has been made... and that feels great. This is going to be my year and I want to start it out on the right foot. There's something about getting rid of clutter and c-r-a-p that makes me feel so much better.

2010 was the worst year of my life (and that's saying a lot because sometimes life wasn't so pretty) Being the optimist that I try to be, I have to ask myself, what have I gained during the past year. Yes, it was the "worst" year, but surely I have learned something, right? I HAVE to take something from this experience. I HAVE to be a better person, somehow, someway.

I've learned:
1. I have a large head.
2. I, also, have a long neck.
3. I don't like being sick-  not one bit.
4. I have a very imperfect body.... and that is ok.
5. I'm not scared to die.
6. But, I am terrified of my kids not having a mother.
7. People are human and humans by design are faulty.
8. Humans don't act the way I expect them to act.
9. Sometimes humans blow my mind away.
10. I have many compartments and just when I thought I found them all, I find another.
11. My dark compartments scare me. 
12. I think my idea of the word "family" is different than other peoples idea of "family" - there's more to that word than just blood.
13. What I thought was multi-tasking is actually A.D.D.
14. I have A.D.D. I have A.D.D. I have A.D.D (At least I can admit it now)
15. It's hard to be everything for everyone.
16. Sunsets are more colorful than I remember, and flowers smell sweeter.
17. I cannot believe how much my husband loves me. 

2011 is my year. I'm bringing my imperfections, my dark compartments and all into this year with all the strength I can muster.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh - thank you for the blog. I think it may be one of your best blogs yet. Happy New Year! I love you and the boys and I'm so grateful that your are part of my life.
    -C. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have ADD too! Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete