Friday, January 7, 2011

Radiation: Round 18

Radiate good times - come on!

Today will be day 18. I'm over halfway finished! YeHaw!

Side effects and symptoms have been minimal- I'm a little red in one spot and I'm only a little more tired than usual. The tingling comes and goes and is hardly noticeable. One thing I AM seeing, however, is tightness in my skin. It's making the boob all funky looking - as if it wasn't already funky looking after the surgery anyway. Apparently, it'll loosen back up over time.

In other news about my recovery- I have lost about 8 pounds! For many, many years I have been eating sweet treats 2 times a day- a cookie after lunch, a skinny cow (low fat ice cream sandwich) after dinner - as well as a nightly glass of wine. Well, since meeting with the Lymph-Node Whisperer, I realize I need to take some steps to become healthier. My strategy is working- when I get those afternoon or post dinner cravings, I simply make myself a cup of decaf green tea (mint flavored), not only is green tea an excellent antioxidant, it really works to stave those cravings! I'm brilliant!!

I'm also making an effort to replace two "meat based" meals per week with vegetarian based meals. I've been making things like kale, butternut squash, bean-based soups, etc. It's actually been fun to shake things up a bit. Hubby even commented that I had created "three gourmet meals in a row" a most unlikely occurrence for me.

So, onward and upward as I continue the fight and finish out this portion of breast cancer treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment