Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rambling.

I was drifting off to sleep and I heard a song come on the iPod in the other room. Suddenly, I was walking onto the grass of Delta 5 at the University of South Alabama. I was 17 and Wendy was with me. We visited during the first few months of 1989, I think it was February.

The sky was bright blue, the grass a golden yellow- still dormant from the cooler weather brought on by the winter months. College kids were mulling about, a few were hanging out in camping chairs. We were going to be "hosted" by Wendy's friend, Sally. I thought Sally was so sophisticated and beautiful. I felt like a hick with the end days of perms and big hair.

Down the hall, a few fellas waved hello and my heart stopped. I knew USA was were I wanted to be, I didn't even visit another college.

Lying in bed, recovering from chemo and flashing back to those days filled me with sadness. Life passes by much too quickly. How did I get from 17 and excited about tackling the world, to feeling like I'm going to puke from chemotherapy only 22 years later? (Wow, 22 years)

I can only think of the possibilities of my life once I get past this. I want to travel, to be with my kids through every phase and make sure they can, too, live their life to the fullest. This is not taking me down- I simply can't let it. I have TOO many things to do!

Just rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment