Wednesday, April 27, 2011

People die from cancer every day

Sometimes I read other blogs... in fact, my blog links to other blogs. I haven't had a chance to read them lately, but today I was feeling compelled to "check-in." One of my co-bloggers (who I never knew, but read about occasionally) died. :( Cancer is pretty freakin' serious business. She had a similar diagnosis in 2000, then had a recurrence in 2004 and has gone progressively downhill since.

I have decided to take the Lupron shots until I can schedule an Oophorectomy or Hysterectomy. I must do all I can to reduce my risk for having to deal with this disease again!!

People die. I will die one day, too. Hopefully not until I complete my long list of things that need to be done.

So sad. Freakin' cancer.

2 comments:

  1. d*mn it. of course, I had to look through every blog to figure out who had passed. then I felt horrible for being so curious. then i cried because... well... i don't know. you're right, this cancer business is serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Susan - we can be hot flash sisters together! I'll fan you if you fan me!! I'm glad to hear that you are doing what you must to keep healthy.

    ReplyDelete