Thursday, March 10, 2011

Post -mammo update

So... just had my mammogram and things weren't as clear as one would hope. Apparently, I have some calcification which they would like to keep an eye on. The radiologist says this is typical for post-radiation. So, the girls are gettin' squished again in 6 months.

BTW- Mammograms are NOT that big of a deal, by the way. If you're holding out on getting yours because you think it's painful, I'm here to tell you... it's not. Mammos save lives.

For more details about calcification in breast tissue, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I know anyone who went through radiation (me included) who hasn't had calcification or something that they want to watch. Personally, I like that someone's going to be checking the situation every 6 months.

    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete