Saturday, May 15, 2010

Support

I'm humbled by the support and kindness my friends and family have shown me. When I'm feeling sad, I read some of the notes I've been sent. Here are a few excerpts:

"thinking of you and sending healing light"

"I have extra for you because I love you, because you are my friend and you carry the heart of my other friend and every single aspect of who you are adds something extra to the spaces you inhabit. The rooms you enter. The events you grace with your effervescent presence"

"
You have led your life with a gentleness and understated confidence. Yet you have proven to be one of the most remarkable people I know."


"
I know you are strong and will meet this challenge with your incredible energy and positive attitude."

"It doesn't change the fact that your heart is filled with sunshine no matter what you are going through."

"i have been putting off a mammogram for 2 years now. i am going to find that yellow form they gave me at the drs office and call for an appt right now!"

"YOU WILL BE A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR!"

"We love the sh&t out of you, you Southern Goddess."

"
You may lose your hair, and even your breasts, but you are not your body. You are a wonderful mother, wife, friend, and daughter. Your outward experience will never change that."

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE OUR HERO ALREADY!! WE WILL FIGHT THIS FIGHT WITH YOU AND WE WILL WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you healing thoughts from across the pond... can't wait to attend your survivor party! Lots of Xs and Os!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the sunshine of my life Susan
    Stay as strong and positive as you have always been.Much brighter days are ahead.
    I love you mom

    ReplyDelete