Thursday, May 20, 2010

Being Human and Feeling Philosophic

What does it mean to be a human being? We have our inner and our outer. Who we "are" is shaped from the moment we're conceived then continues every moment of every day until death... even after death.

Our cells are filled with DNA of previous generations connecting us to a family we're born into. We can't choose who we're born to, yet there are reasons why our families were chosen for us. Every person in our family is interconnected to teach every other person something that person needs.

I am blessed with amazing people both in my chosen family and my chosen-for-me family. I believe my spirit has drawn every single person to me that I've needed to survive this moment in my life.

Who am I? Have I built enough depth to "be" someone when all the cells in my body are killed off by chemo? I HAVE. I know I have because I have been given the tools. My families (both chosen and born into) have all been a part of the building of Susan... and will continue to be through this journey I'm embarking upon.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I Love You Susan!!
    Wonderful Insight!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAITH IS THE PLEDGE AND THE FORERUNNER
    OF THE COMING ANSWER
    THE REAL SECERT OF PRAYER
    IS SECERT PRAYER!
    I LOVE YOU! MY DAUGHTER
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WERE SO BEAUTIFUL ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!
    AS YOU ARE NOW, AND AS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE!
    NOTHING WILL NEVER CHANGE THIS TRUTH!
    I LOVE YOU
    MOM

    ReplyDelete